‘Restricted Visiting’ is currently in place, please ensure you contact the Nurse in charge on 01625 610364 prior to coming to the hospice. Staff will be happy to talk through the visiting guidelines with you, to ensure all patients get fair access to visitors and all staff patients and visitors are kept safe.
It remains our priority that we reduce the risk and spread of infection within the unit, so please be aware that guidelines may change at short notice due to COVID-19.
Putting on Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Use safe work practices to protect yourself and limit the spread of infection
- Keep hands away from face and PPE being worn.
- Change gloves when torn or heavily contaminated.
- Limit surfaces touched in the patient environment.
- Regularly perform hand hygiene.
- Always clean hands after removing gloves.
The order for putting on PPE is Apron, Surgical Mask, Eye Protection (where required) and Gloves.
Please don’t be anxious! We are aware this is a very new process for you. A member of staff will be available to guide you through the process.
Please perform hand hygiene before putting on PPE. The order for putting on PPE is Apron or Gown, Surgical Mask, Eye Protection (where required) and Gloves. NB – You may not be required to wear all PPE
Removing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
The order for removing PPE is Gloves, Apron or Gown, Eye Protection, Surgical Mask.
- You must perform hand hygiene immediately on removal.
- All PPE should be removed before leaving the area and disposed of as healthcare waste.