Visiting Guidance is always under review to ensure we are doing all we can to keep our patients and staff safe. Please ensure you are aware of the current process in place before you come to visit a patient.
You can call the nurse in charge on 01625 610364 before your visit if you need more information.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, East Cheshire Hospice continues to follow the government guidelines to ensure that the Hospice is safe.
From the 16th of August 2021, government restrictions have changed from legal requirements to cautious guidance.
For the patients who are admitted for Symptom Management / Assessment:
- Visiting days will now be 7 days a week, Monday-Sunday between the hours of 11am-8pm
- The patient can have a maximum 2 visitors at the bed side at any one time, no pre-booking is required
For patients who are nearing the end of their life:
- Visiting will be at the discretion of the nurse in charge.
- We would ask that you always adhere to hand washing guidance and wear your face mask whilst walking around the building
Once shown to the patient bedside/room you can leave the room if a facemask is worn.
Please note that whilst we are doing our very best to maintain a COVID safe environment here at the hospice, we cannot guarantee 100% safety whilst allowing visitors into the building and that you need to consider the potential risk you are taking yourself.
In addition to help support us to keep your relative, our patients and staff safe we ask that you follow this guidance:
DO NOT VISIT THE HOSPICE
if you are feeling unwell, particularly with a high temperature, a new continuous cough or new loss of sense of smell/taste – stay at home and seek guidance from Public Health England.
- If you are confirmed or suspected covid-19, visiting is not allowed unless the patient is in the last few days of life. In this case, visiting must be prearranged with the nurse in charge & you must wear full PPE, visit alone and for a short time limited period.
- In these circumstances we will need more information from you. The personal information we collect from you will be held by East Cheshire Hospice for a period of 21 days, following which it will be destroyed in accordance with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Please be aware in some circumstances you may be asked to wear more than a mask during your visit if the infection risk is higher. The staff on the ward will guide you as to what PPE you will require.
Thank you for your understanding during this time.
IPU Ward Manager
Putting on Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Use safe work practices to protect yourself and limit the spread of infection
- Keep hands away from face and PPE being worn.
- Change gloves when torn or heavily contaminated.
- Limit surfaces touched in the patient environment.
- Regularly perform hand hygiene.
- Always clean hands after removing gloves.
The order for putting on PPE is Apron, Surgical Mask, Eye Protection (where required) and Gloves.
Please don’t be anxious! We are aware this is a very new process for you. A member of staff will be available to guide you through the process.
Please perform hand hygiene before putting on PPE. The order for putting on PPE is Apron or Gown, Surgical Mask, Eye Protection (where required) and Gloves. NB – You may not be required to wear all PPE
Removing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
The order for removing PPE is Gloves, Apron or Gown, Eye Protection, Surgical Mask.
- You must perform hand hygiene immediately on removal.
- All PPE should be removed before leaving the area and disposed of as healthcare waste.