Thank you for your interest
Please see below for a list of our current vacancies.
Once we have your application, we will get in touch with further details of the role and our recruitment process in line with our current policies. Please be aware that a DBS check will be requested for all staff positions. The Hospice has positive policies about equality and diversity.
Thank you for your interest in working for East Cheshire Hospice, we look forward to hearing from you!
Health Care Assistant – Band 2/3
Hours:Full Time & Part Time Contracts Available
Location:Macclesfield & Cheshire East
We are looking for kind, dedicated people to help deliver exceptional care to people in our community and our In-patient Unit.
Successful candidates will work under the direction of a registered nurse both independently and as part of a team in the delivery of high-quality end of life care.
WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- Access to a new shared Hospice @Home pool car
- Mileage paid at £0.45 per mile where the pool car is in use
- Shifts in the In Patient Unit where required.
- Guaranteed core hours for both full time or part time permanent contracts (additional hours available during periods of high demand)
- Pay across a whole shift including travel time
- Rotas published two months in advance
- 7 weeks paid holiday
- Free parking
- Access to paid training and education opportunities
- Subsidised meals at the Hospice
- High staffing ratios for extra peer support
- Time to do your job and provide care to a high standard
- Access to employee support and supervision
- Free DBS Check saving you £44
- Personal pension plan for non NHS scheme members
- NHS Pension scheme membership for existing members
- Access to HSF Health Cash Plan
YOU WILL NEED:
- An interest in providing compassionate, high quality care to people with life limiting illnesses
- An interest in furthering your training and development
- An appreciation that every patient, every home, every situation is unique
- A willingness to become a vital part of a person’s daily routine to help them live with their illness
- An ability to travel independently throughout the Cheshire East and High Peak areas
- The ability to work shifts between 7.30am and 9.00pm including weekends and bank holidays.
(starting – pre competency assessment)
(once competencies have been assessed)
|Basic hourly rate||£10.40 – £11.14||£10.40 – £11.14
|Saturdays/night rate||£11.44 – £12.25||£12.48 – £13.37|
|Sunday/bank holiday||£12.48 – £13.37||£14.56 – £15.60|
All Applicants will be subject to an enhanced DBS check funded by the Hospice.
Please direct any queries to firstname.lastname@example.org or to the HR team on 01625 610364
At East Cheshire Hospice we are committed to having a culture that values diversity and is fair for not only our patients but our staff too. We recognise that we are not all the same and that is our greatest strength. By welcoming staff from diverse backgrounds, appreciating our differences and range of experiences, we can create a team that will grow and learn better together, providing the highest quality care and support to the communities we serve and enabling us to meet our CARE values and principles.Download application form Download full job description Apply online