Thank you for your interest
Please see below for a list of our current vacancies.
Once we have your application, we will get in touch with further details of the role and our recruitment process in line with our current policies. Please be aware that a DBS check will be requested for all staff positions. The Hospice has positive policies about equality and diversity.
Thank you for your interest in working for East Cheshire Hospice, we look forward to hearing from you!
Hours:24 hours per week (flexible)
Salary:Band 5 (£24,214 – £30,112 pro rata)
Location:East Cheshire Hospice
This post is Monday – Friday (days only)
East Cheshire Hospice is based in Macclesfield and supports patients and families from the High Peak and East Cheshire area. We want to make every day count for people who are facing the toughest challenges of their lives. We take time to see beyond the patient’s condition to the whole person and their family.
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, flexible and committed practitioner, with an interest in palliative care, to join our existing Therapy service, which consists of a Physiotherapist, Occupational Therapist, Lymphoedema Practitioner and Rehabilitation Assistants.
You will have time to care as part of a multi-disciplinary team, providing holistic physiotherapy for patients within the in/outpatient and day units. You will play an active role in the development of a strong rehabilitation approach throughout the Hospice.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- Salary £12.42 – £15.45 per hour
- 7 weeks’ holiday
- Access to education and development
- Free parking
- High staffing ratios
- Subsidised meals
- Access to employee support and supervision
- NHS Pension scheme membership for existing members
- Personal pension plan for non NHS scheme members
- Access to HSF Health Plan
- The cost of your DBS Check (£50)
YOU WILL NEED:
- To be state registered and have 12 months experience
- An understanding of long-term conditions
- End of life/hospice care experience would be an advantage
- Palliative/ Oncology experience would be desirable
- To be sensitive, caring and empathetic
- Good communication / organisational skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Confidence to work alone or as part of a team
- To be able to work on a flexible Monday – Friday basis
- Ability to use a wide range of IT tools to support the effective running of the unit – database, spreadsheet, email, internet
- Appropriate relevant training e.g. willingness to undertake further educational training as appropriate e.g. communication skills, acupuncture, oncology awareness.
For further information or to arrange a visit, please contact Natalie Nye, Senior Physiotherapist, Tel 01625 665689. To apply, download an Application Form & Job Description below or contact the HR department at email@example.com or on 01625 610364Download application formDownload full job description