Thank you for your interest
Please see below for a list of our current vacancies.
Once we have your application, we will get in touch with further details of the role and our recruitment process in line with our current policies. Please be aware that a DBS check will be requested for all staff positions. The Hospice has positive policies about equality and diversity.
Thank you for your interest in working for East Cheshire Hospice, we look forward to hearing from you!
LGBTQ+ Development Facilitator
Hours:15 hours a week to be worked flexibly
Salary:£28 328.69 pro rata
Location:To be agreed, with agile working across the 3 Hospice locations (St Luke's Hospice in Winsford, East Cheshire Hospice in Macclesfield and Hospice of the Good Shepherd in Chester).
Reporting to:St Luke’s Homeless Service Lead
This is a really exciting time to join the 3 Cheshire Hospices with its partner Chester Pride. We have our mind set on encouraging and including our LGBTQ+ community to access our services and build strong partnerships that can increase our reach and impact. Our ambition for this client group is that our Hospices be places where everyone is welcome, is free to be themselves, and has an equal sense of belonging and this starts with our successful bid for funding to begin a 1 year project. This organic project will advocate our Hospices as places of choice and care for people from our LGBTQ+ community nearing, or at end of life. The role will lead change, provide education & awareness and support staff to develop the role of champions to work with the community reaching out into our borough to promote our services and ensure inclusion in our services and provide end of life support, being creative when our services do not fit the client group.
The success of the project will be included in a conference (either virtual or face to face) to disseminate learning and practice
For an informal chat about the role please contact Liz Taylor, Director of Clinical Services at Hospice of the Good Shepherd Liz.Taylor@hospicegs.com or Sara Dale, Director of Quality, Innovation at East Cheshire SDale@echospice.org.uk
Closing date: 24th June 2021
Interview date: 7th July 2021
Find out more on the St Luke’s website here: www.slhospice.co.uk/lgbtq-development-facilitator-vacancy/
You can apply for this role via the link here: beta.jobs.nhs.uk/candidate/jobadvert/B0242-21-0752Download application form Download full job description
Health Care Assistant
Hours:Full Time & Part Time Contracts Available
Location:Macclesfield & Cheshire East
We are looking for kind, dedicated people to help deliver exceptional care to people in our community and our In-patient Unit.
Successful candidates will work under the direction of a registered nurse both independently and as part of a team in the delivery of high-quality end of life care.
WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- Access to a new shared Hospice @Home pool car
- Mileage paid at £0.45 per mile where the pool car is in use
- Shifts in the In Patient Unit where required.
- Guaranteed core hours for both full time or part time permanent contracts (additional hours available during periods of high demand)
- Pay across a whole shift including travel time
- Rotas published two months in advance
- 7 weeks paid holiday
- Free parking
- Access to paid training and education opportunities
- Subsidised meals at the Hospice
- High staffing ratios for extra peer support
- Time to do your job and provide care to a high standard
- Access to employee support and supervision
- Free DBS Check saving you £44
- Personal pension plan for non NHS scheme members
- NHS Pension scheme membership for existing members
- Access to HSF Health Cash Plan
YOU WILL NEED:
- An interest in providing compassionate, high quality care to people with life limiting illnesses
- An interest in furthering your training and development
- An appreciation that every patient, every home, every situation is unique
- A willingness to become a vital part of a person’s daily routine to help them live with their illness
- An ability to travel independently throughout the Cheshire East and High Peak areas
- The ability to work shifts between 7.30am and 9.30pm including weekends and bank holidays
- The ability to work some nights between 9.00pm – 8.00am (at a premium rate of pay) with notice, where required
(starting – pre competency assessment)
(once competencies have been assessed)
|Basic hourly rate||£10.01-£10.84||£10.01-£10.84|
|Saturdays/ night rate||£11.01 – £11.92||£12.01 – £13.01|
|Sunday/ bank holiday||£12.01 – £13.01||£14.01 – £15.18|
All Applicants will be subject to an enhanced DBS check funded by the Hospice.
Please direct any queries to firstname.lastname@example.org or to the HR team on 01625 610364
At East Cheshire Hospice we are committed to having a culture that values diversity and is fair for not only our patients but our staff too. We recognise that we are not all the same and that is our greatest strength. By welcoming staff from diverse backgrounds, appreciating our differences and range of experiences, we can create a team that will grow and learn better together, providing the highest quality care and support to the communities we serve and enabling us to meet our CARE values and principles.Download application form Download full job description Apply online