Some key facts
East Cheshire Hospice is committed to providing holistic care to our patients and their families – medically, socially, emotionally and spiritually. Our services extend far beyond end-of-life care, including the management of progressive illnesses and a range of help and support available to carers and families.
Here are some facts about the Hospice that you might not know:
- Our 15 bed inpatient unit welcomes visitors including children and even pets. It also has overnight accommodation for families.
- Our self contained Sunflower Wellbeing Centre offers a range of supporting services for carers and families, including specialist sessions for different illnesses such as MND & Dementia.
- Our Hospice @Home team brings our specialist care into patients’ homes, providing out of hour support to prevent unnecessary hospital admissions and complement existing community services.
- We have onsite physiotherapists, occupational therapists and a lymphoedema specialist, to help improve our patients’ independence and mobility.
- Our art therapist offers one to one psychotherapy, to help express changing and intense emotions.
- We offer a range of proven complementary therapies to patients and carers to help relieve pain, nausea and tension, as well as to soothe, relax and lift mood.
- We provide pre- and post-bereavement counselling support for adults and children.
- Spiritual support is given by our chaplaincy team, embracing all beliefs and faith systems.
- Our in-house catering team prepare fresh meals for patients and visitors.
- Our services are delivered by a dedicated and integrated workforce of over 100 staff and more than 300 volunteers.
- Less than 17% of the Hospice’s funding is from the government and the remainder is funded independently through the generosity of the local community. We need to raise £7,500 each day to keep East Cheshire Hospice running.