Camino De Santiago Trek 2023! - East Cheshire Hospice

Camino De Santiago Trek 2023!

Adventure awaits… 14th – 21st October 2023

 

A once in a lifetime opportunity to trek the eighth and final section of the French Way & raise money for the Hospice

Trek through northern Spain to reach the UNESCO World heritage site of Santiago de Compostela, the final destination of the legendary, medieval Camino de Santiago (Way of Saint James). Today, thousands of people know as ‘pilgrims’ walk the Camino for a number of different reasons; spiritual, cultural and adventurous. This is not a religious tour. The Camino is about the journey and to most it symbolises a time of reflection, learning and fresh starts.

Walk in the footsteps of pilgrims and spend 5 days exploring the hilly landscapes of the Galicia region of Spain.

The Challenge

This trek explores the eighth and final section of the French Way, the most traditional and best known of all the pilgrims’ ways to Santiago de Compostela. During the 115km over 5-days walk you  will traverse the hilly landscapes of Galicia, passing numerous point of cultural and historical interests along the way.

How tough is it?

The trek is graded moderate to challenging. You will be trekking long distances over varying terrain which includes some uphill sections, in varying weather conditions. You will stay in basic hotels and guesthouses.

You will be walking for many hours and sometimes on steep gradients. It is essential that you are fit enough to trek for at least 7-8 hours at a time for multiple consecutive days. Regular breaks are taken, but long days of walking are inevitable. You cannot be too fit for this challenge so you should train well before your departure.

The Cost

There is a £355 registration fee which is payable at the time of booking, then you are asked to fundraise at least £2,600 of East Cheshire Hospice. Support and fundraising ideas will be provided by staff to help you reach, and even exceed this target. Raise 80% of total by 21st July 2023 (£2,080) and the remaining 20% by 17th November 2023 (£520).

A self-funded option is also available.

The Trip at a Glance

How to book a place

For full details, or to ask any questions, please contact Bethan Wade on 01625 789102 or bwade@echospice.org.uk. 

 

To book your place on Trek Camino de Santiago please visit the Different Travel website.

 

#ECHTrekCaminodeSantiago        #ChallengeEastCheshire

Back to all events
Event details

Type:
Active, Sport, Challenge

Date:
14 October 2023 to 21 October 2023

Location:

Find more events

How to donate to East Cheshire Hospice

Thank you so much for choosing to support East Cheshire Hospice. You may never know how much your gift means, but we know that it will make the world of difference to our patients and their families.