East Cheshire Hospice Lottery - Full Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions are the Lottery Rules.
By entering the Lottery, entrants agree to be bound by these rules.
1. This Lottery is being promoted by and on behalf of East Cheshire Hospice.
2. For the purpose of the Gambling Act 2005, this Lottery is defined as a Society Lottery.
3. This Lottery is licensed by the Gambling Commission.
4. To enter the Lottery, you must be resident in Great Britain and aged 16 (sixteen) or over.
5. There will be 23 weekly cash prize winners, with the second prize being drawn from all numbers in our sequence thus creating a possible Rollover. Additional prizes may be offered from time to time.
6. All tickets shall be priced at £1
7. All Lottery entry sales are final and no refunds shall be made at any time. All entrants acknowledge that their payment of £1 per ticket to enter the Lottery does not guarantee that they will win any prize.
8. The draw for the prizes will be made at our Lottery management company’s premises to be held weekly. You do not need to be present at the draw to win the Lottery. However a list of winners will appear on our website or are available by phoning us on 01625 433477
9. If a cash prize is awarded, this will be made by cheque in the name of the entrant only.
10. Full payment for each ticket must be received either in the form of cash or cleared funds before the ticket can be entered into the draw. Only tickets for which full payment has been received either in the form of cash or cleared funds are eligible to win a prize.
11. The winners of the Lottery prizes will be notified by letter.
12. In the event that East Cheshire Hospice’s Lottery ceases to operate any outstanding entry payments will be fully refunded.
13. All entrants are solely responsible for providing East Cheshire Hospice Lottery with their accurate and up-to-date contact details and East Cheshire Hospice Lottery will be in no way liable for any failure or inability to contact any entrant due to any errors, omissions or inaccuracies in the contact details that the entrant has provided. In the event that an entrant changes their contact details, they will be solely responsible for advising East Cheshire Hospice Lottery of the change.
14. Each game number is unique. A randomly selected game number will be issued with the confirmation of entry. Any member may subsequently request an alternative game number if they wish at any time and this will be issued providing that it has not already been allocated to an existing member.
15. Lottery membership can be cancelled at any time by notifying East Cheshire Hospice Lottery in writing, by phone or via e-mail.
16. East Cheshire Hospice Lottery shall not be liable to the member for any loss or damage suffered or arising from:-
- Any delays or failures in the postal service or other delivery methods used by East Cheshire Hospice or the member from time to time.
- Any delays or failures in any software or other systems used by East Cheshire Hospice for the administration of the Lottery.
- Any delays or failures in the Banking system used by East Cheshire Hospice Lottery or the member.
- Any refusal by East Cheshire Hospice Lottery to accept registration of an individual as a member or the cancellation of a member.
- Any failure to enter a chance into the draw.
- Any event beyond the reasonable control of East Cheshire Hospice Lottery.
17. Nothing within these terms and conditions shall create or should be construed as creating any form of contract between any entrant and East Cheshire Hospice.
18. Any complaints relating to the Lottery should be sent in writing to East Cheshire Hospice Lottery giving full details of the complaint and supporting documentation.
19. East Cheshire Hospice Lottery is committed to protecting the members privacy. Data that is collected from the member is used lawfully in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and is used solely for the purpose of processing Lottery chances, subsequent entry into the Lottery draw, and informing winners that they have won a prize.
20. Any member has the right to access the information held about them. To obtain this information, please contact East Cheshire Hospice Lottery in writing.
21. East Cheshire Hospice will not sell, rent or grant access of any personal data to any third party without express prior permission.
22. In the event of any dispute regarding the rules, the decision of East Cheshire Hospice shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
23. East Cheshire Hospice reserves the right to amend these rules at any time. If East Cheshire Hospice does this, it will publish the amended rules.
24. East Cheshire Hospice Lottery reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of these rules.
25. The East Cheshire Hospice member responsible for the licence of the Lottery is Tracey Fiona O’Keefe.
26. Neither East Cheshire Hospice nor our Lottery management company shall be liable to you in contract, tort, negligence or otherwise for any indirect or consequential loss suffered by you in relation to your participation in the Lottery (including loss of the opportunity to enter the Lottery and / or the chance of winning a prize).
27. Each entrant should retain a copy of these Terms and Conditions for their reference.
28. This Lottery is a form of gambling. Participants are encouraged to gamble sensibly. Should gambling become a problem we recommend you contact the GamCare helpline on 0845 6000 133 or visit their website on http://www.gamcare.org.uk/
29. A copy of these rules may be obtained by sending a stamped addressed envelope to East Cheshire Hospice at the address above.
30. The Laws of England and Wales shall govern the interpretation and/or enforcement of these Terms and Conditions and East Cheshire Hospice and all entrants hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.